#8 ✓resolved
Andor Salga

Research LOD and create proof or concept implementation

Reported by Andor Salga | June 8th, 2010 @ 03:51 PM

We need to allow developers to specify the LOD they want from the point cloud data. The main goal is to suppress downloading unnecessary data.

This could involve initially setting it at a low value to only get 75% of the point cloud, then increasing that and only requiring to download the remaining 25%.

This could also involve doing it progressively. That is rendering more data as the camera approaches the model. If the model is too far, there's not point rendering points which will not be visible.

Comments and changes to this ticket

Please Sign in or create a free account to add a new ticket.

With your very own profile, you can contribute to projects, track your activity, watch tickets, receive and update tickets through your email and much more.

New-ticket Create new ticket

Create your profile

Help contribute to this project by taking a few moments to create your personal profile. Create your profile ยป

<b>XB PointStream</b> (working name)

A cross-browser JavaScript tool which will emulate Arius3D's PointStream viewer. It will be able to quickly render a large amount of point cloud data to the &lt;canvas&gt; tag using WebGL.<br />

Current release <a href="http://scotland.proximity.on.ca/asalga/releases/0.8/xbps-min-0.8.zip">XBPS 0.8</a>

Shared Ticket Bins

People watching this ticket